Home/ Religious / Ramadan
As SRVIC follows guidance from the Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA) to calculate the start of Ramadan, the dates for the start of Ramadan and Eid have already been announced.
- First Taraweeh – Wednesday, March 22 (Isha prayers at 9:10 pm)
- First day of fasting – Thursday, March 23
- Community Iftar – Saturday, April 1
- Qiyam ul-Layl and Suhoor – Saturday, April 15 (25th Taraweeh)
- Quran Khatm – Wednesday, April 17 (27th Taraweeh)
- Eid ul Fitr – Friday, April 21
Qari Fardin Osmani will lead Taraweeh with SRVIC youth huffadh:
Hafiz Fardin Osmani has 13 years of teaching experience. He currently teaches Hifdth at Furqaan academy since it was founded in 2019. Hafidh Fardin has also taught Hifdth at MCA (Noor Hifz Academy) for 3 years. Hafidh Fardin has led Taraweeh at multiple mosques in Pakistan, Afghanistan and in the U.S at ISEB in Fremont and more recently at the Yaseen Foundation in Belmont and Burlingame.
Please be extra courteous and adhere to the following etiquette:
- All children under the age of 12 must stay with their parent for the entirety of the prayer. If you bring children under 12 years of age, please keep them by your side at all times. We want to ensure that all Taraweeh attendees enjoy their prayers without any disturbance or noise.
- Do not bring any food to the center or disposable water bottles but rather bring your own refillable water bottle, refill stations are available in the kitchen (for women) and the hallway (for men).
- Be sure to clean up after yourself.
- Ensure that you park correctly and use only one parking spot.
- Do NOT leave valuables in your car or in your trunk. Laptops, purses and other items have been stolen in the past.
Dougherty Valley High School Commons in San Ramon on April 1, 2023, 7:20pm
Ticket purchase is available on our website here. The cost of tickets does not cover the full expense of the event so families interested in gaining the blessings of feeding the community during Ramadan are encouraged to donate towards the event.
This Ramadan, donate to our center renovation and operating funds. Our goal is to raise $250,000 to meet the needs of the community.
“Whoever builds a Masjid in which the Name of Allah is remembered, Allah will build for him a house in Paradise.” (An-Nasa’i). Click here to donate.
Qiyam ul-Layl: Saturday, April 15 at SRVIC
This is a free event. RSVP is required for Suhoor.
Eid ul-Fitr: Friday, April 21
Information for Eid prayers will be shared on April 7, 2023
9th Annual Toy Drive: Saturday, April 15 from 11:00am -1:00pm
Please bring brand new, unwrapped toys for children between the ages of 2-14. Join us in wrapping the gifts on site, bring wrapping paper and tape if you can. There is no limit as to how many toys can be donated. Gifts will be given to lower income Muslim families in the Bay Area.
21st Annual Ramadan Food Drive
This year we are asking community members to take the 30-day pledge for the “Ramadan Food Drive” by feeding a family a day for $5 a day for each of the blessed days of Ramadan (or $150 for the month.)
We are requesting each family to donate $100 to help cover Ramadan and Eid expenses.
Ramadan Youth Camp:
Calling to Allah – Ramadan Girls (Age 12+) Camp, starting March 18 – April 15, every Saturday, 2:00pm- 3:30pm, teaching teenage girls duas in a fun and creative way and making a fun personalized dua book at the end of the class. For details and registration click here.
Ramadan Youth Iftars:
Youth iftars will be held every Friday from 6:30pm at SRVIC. Speakers are as follows:
- March 24: Shaan Mukhtar
- March 31: Hafidh Yusuf Bello
- April 7: Sr Hosai Mojadidi
- April 14: Br Hassan
- April 14: Youth Qiyam: Hafidh Yusuf Bello and local Huffadh
Registration is required and sponsorships welcome!
“O you who believe, fasting is prescribed to you as it was prescribed to those before you, that you may [learn] self-restraint.” (Qur’an 2.183)
SRVIC Board of Directors