SRVIC Refugee Support is an effort to help newly arriving refugees to the Bay Area. We are working in partnership with International Rescue Committee (IRC), resettling families from all over the world. Our initial focus is to help with apartment set-up for one family per month. This includes:
- Purchasing and collecting items from this Apartment Set-up List.
- Delivering all items and helping set up the apartment.
- Providing a home-cooked or catered meal from their country of origin.
Our future goals of support for these families are to:
- Provide services related to housing, jobs, and social adjustment.
- Advocate for resources that better meet their needs.
If you are interested in helping, please fill out this form. If you have further questions, please refer to these guidelines. If you are not able to support with time, you can make a monetary donation here and select “refugee fund.”
- All donations are tax deductible.
- Approximately 60% of refugees arriving in the Bay Area are Muslim. SRVIC Refugee Support works with refugee families, regardless of their religion. Donations are, therefore, not zakat eligible; instead, please consider your contribution sadaqa.