Home/ Religious / Zakat-ul Mall Calculator
Financial Assistance Application
SRVIC provides financial assistance to families or individuals in need in the local community, through the distribution of religious alms (Zakat) and/or charity (Sadaqa). All individuals applying for Zakat or Sadaqa are required to complete and submit a Zakat Application.
Please fill out the form HERE
For any questions with regards to this form, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once completed, we will get back to you within 24 hours.
Calculate your Zakat Obligation
PURIFICATION, GROWTH AND BLESSING
Zakat is an obligatory duty and one of the five pillars of Islam. It is mandatory when two conditions are simultaneously satisfied:
Nisab and Due Date
- Nisab: The current NISAB value is approximately $5400.00. It is 3 oz of pure Gold
- Due Date: Zakat is due after one Lunar (Hijri) year starting from either the first day you acquired the amount of Nisab or the day you paid Zakat last year
We urge you to calculate your Zakat now and to pay it as soon as possible
In order to calculate your zakat, please fill all of the fields. If the amount is -0-, please put 0
1.1-Women jewelry is not subject to Zakat unless its amount is excessive or if not used.
2.2- Pay business Zakat if inventory value is larger than Nisab
This form does not cover all Zakatable items, for clarification or more information please contact SRVIC Imam or your Islamic Center Also, this form is based on respected Figh references:
• Exclusions, Home, furniture, vehicles, paintings, credit lines and pledges
• Last year, SRVIC distributed close to $100K to poor Muslim families, needy and refugees in our local community As Muslims helping our local community is an obligation
• As you write your zakat check to SRVIC, please include “zakat” in the memo field